6/10/21 – SAVE THE DATE for OTHELLO auditions, happening July 26 and 28
4/7/21 – ROBIN HOOD coming May 16
What better way to celebrate the Spring than by getting MERRY?? Points North – in collaboration with Lone Star College – CyFair – is presenting a special, one-day-only, outdoors production of ROBIN HOOD, a comedy adventure for all audiences written by Greg Banks. The merry mayhem takes place on Sunday, May 16 at 1:00pm at Northshore Park in The Woodlands. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
1/20/20 – Auditions for CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD on Jan. 29
Open auditions will be held for Points North’s production of CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD on Wednesday, January 9, 6-9 pm at 1540 Sawdust Rd in The Woodlands. Auditions are open to deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing actors and actresses. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
12/18/19 – Auditions for THE COMPLETE WORKS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE (ABRIDGED)[REVISED] on Dec. 30
Open auditions will be held for Points North’s production of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)[revised] on Monday, December 30, 6:30-9 pm at the Recreational Enrichment Center, 1540 Sawdust Rd in The Woodlands.
Adult actors of any gender and ethnicity are encouraged to audition for the three relevant roles. Please bring a headshot and resume if available, and be prepared to cold-read from the script, as well as have a 1-2 minute comedic monologue prepared.
The production will have six performances; two a day (3pm and 8pm) on Feb 1, 8, and 15. Rehearsals will take place in The Woodlands Mon thru Thur evenings throughout January. Because this is a three-person show where all are on stage the entire performance, rehearsal conflicts should be kept to a bare minimum.
TCWoWS(a)[r] is the hilarious play where three actors attempt to perform everything the Bard ever wrote in less than two hours. Stamina, a love for both Shakespeare and comedy, and the ability to provide numerous characterizations are paramount considerations in the audition.
9/19/19 – Auditions for A FAIRY TALE CHRISTMAS CAROL on Oct. 7
Open auditions will be held for Points North’s production of A Fairy Tale Christmas Carol on Monday, Oct 7, 6-9pm at the Recreational Enrichment Center, 1540 Sawdust Rd in The Woodlands.
Everyone’s favorite classic holiday tale gets the fractured fairy-tale treatment. All the famous fairy-tale characters take on all of the memorable roles of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. This fun-filled adaptation stays true to the warmth and heart of the classic tale.
Adult and child actors are encouraged to audition for all relevant roles. Please bring a headshot and resume if available, and be prepared to cold-read from the script. Auditioners under 18 will need an audition form signed by a parent or guardian.
The production will have six performances; two a day (11am and 3pm) on Dec 7, 14, and 21. Rehearsals will take place in The Woodlands Mon thru Thur evenings starting the end of Oct/early Nov.
- Santa Claus – kind, jovial narrator
- Big Bad Wolf – Scrooge; mean, old, greedy and just plain humbuggy
- Philip Charming – our Bob Cratchit; all around good guy and former prince who lost his kingdom and now works for Scrooge.
- Bale – Charity rep; little pig who thought straw was darn good building material.
- Twig – another charity rep; little pig who build his house out of sticks.
- Brick – another charity rep; smartest of the three little pigs.
- Jack – Scrooge’s nephew former beanstalk owner & giant slayer who’s fallen on hard times, but loves his uncle.
- Cinderella Charming – Mrs. Cratchit; spunky become who loves her husband and children.
- Gretel Charming – a Cratchit child; her brother’s keeper.
- Hansel Charming – a Cratchit child; has serious directional issue.
- Tabitha Charming – reminds us of Tiny Tim; poor little match girl with sunny optimism
- Jacob Midas – Marley’s ghost; loves his bling; had the golden touch as Scrooge’s business partner.
- Meriwether – the Ghost of Christmas Past; she’s Cinderella’s bibbity-boppity fairy godmother.
- Little Bo Peep – Scrooge’s schoolmate in the past
- Humpty Dumpty – another past schoolmate
- Little Wolf – young Scrooge; think of him as a ten year old cub
- Fan – Scrooge’s sister; kind duckling who’s sensitive about her looks
- Fezziwig – young Scrooge’s boss; happy kind, charitable shoemaker.
- Elf – employee of Fezziwig’s; works nights a lot.
- Medium Wolf – young adult Scrooge, twenty or so; a dashing young cub before he morphed into the mangy old dog
- Goldilocks – Medium Wolf’s true love and a girl who likes things just right
- Old King Cole – the Ghost of Christmas Present; a merry old soul and a merry old soul is he
- Snow White – party guest; friend of Jack
- Rumpelstiltskin – another
- Miss Muffet – another
- Peter Piper – another
- Mary – Jack’s wife; the contrary one who loves Scrooge… not!
- Queen of Hearts – the Ghost of Christmas Future; shrill and mean; don’t cross her or it’s off with your head
- Black Sheep – passerby on Christmas morning; recently shorn and freezing in the cold
- Extras as Londoners, students, elves, Cat, Little Boy Blue, other partiers.
*Some actors may be cast as multiple characters
9/14/19 – AUDITION NOTICE
Points North will be holding auditions for A FAIRY TALE CHRISTMAS CAROL soon! Please sign up for our mailing list or visit this page again soon for updated information as it comes in.