All the World’s a Stage: A Cabaret Revue with William Shakespeare coming May 27-28
Points North Theatre proudly presents an original production of All the World’s a Stage: A Cabaret Revue with William Shakespeare. Join the Bard of Avon himself, William Shakespeare, as he and a troupe of terrific thespians present a cabaret revue, Vegas style, of monologues, scenes, songs, and tidbits of trivia. Taking place at the Thistle Draftshop, 5210 FM 2920 in Spring. Two shows – Saturday, May 27 at 8pm, and Sunday, May 28 at 11am. Tickets are $35 each for general admission.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS
Announcing TWO performances of Henry V
Points North Theatre proudly announces its production of HENRY V for the 7th annual Woodlands Arts in the Park – Shakespeare in the Park Festival on
SAT, SEPT 17 starting at 6pm at Rob Fleming Park, 6055 Creekside Forest Dr, The Woodlands.
Additionally, there will be a BONUS performance on SUN, SEPT 25 starting at 5pm at Central Green Park at Willow Fork Drainage District Park, 23501 Cinco Ranch Dr, Katy. Both performances are FREE and open to the public.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT THE CAST AND CREW
6/10/21 – SAVE THE DATE for OTHELLO auditions, happening July 26 and 28
4/7/21 – ROBIN HOOD coming May 16
What better way to celebrate the Spring than by getting MERRY?? Points North – in collaboration with Lone Star College – CyFair – is presenting a special, one-day-only, outdoors production of ROBIN HOOD, a comedy adventure for all audiences written by Greg Banks. The merry mayhem takes place on Sunday, May 16 at 1:00pm at Northshore Park in The Woodlands. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
1/20/20 – Auditions for CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD on Jan. 29
Open auditions will be held for Points North’s production of CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD on Wednesday, January 9, 6-9 pm at 1540 Sawdust Rd in The Woodlands. Auditions are open to deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing actors and actresses. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
12/18/19 – Auditions for THE COMPLETE WORKS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE (ABRIDGED)[REVISED] on Dec. 30
Open auditions will be held for Points North’s production of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)[revised] on Monday, December 30, 6:30-9 pm at the Recreational Enrichment Center, 1540 Sawdust Rd in The Woodlands.
Adult actors of any gender and ethnicity are encouraged to audition for the three relevant roles. Please bring a headshot and resume if available, and be prepared to cold-read from the script, as well as have a 1-2 minute comedic monologue prepared.
The production will have six performances; two a day (3pm and 8pm) on Feb 1, 8, and 15. Rehearsals will take place in The Woodlands Mon thru Thur evenings throughout January. Because this is a three-person show where all are on stage the entire performance, rehearsal conflicts should be kept to a bare minimum.
TCWoWS(a)[r] is the hilarious play where three actors attempt to perform everything the Bard ever wrote in less than two hours. Stamina, a love for both Shakespeare and comedy, and the ability to provide numerous characterizations are paramount considerations in the audition.
9/19/19 – Auditions for A FAIRY TALE CHRISTMAS CAROL on Oct. 7
Open auditions will be held for Points North’s production of A Fairy Tale Christmas Carol on Monday, Oct 7, 6-9pm at the Recreational Enrichment Center, 1540 Sawdust Rd in The Woodlands.
Everyone’s favorite classic holiday tale gets the fractured fairy-tale treatment. All the famous fairy-tale characters take on all of the memorable roles of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. This fun-filled adaptation stays true to the warmth and heart of the classic tale.
Adult and child actors are encouraged to audition for all relevant roles. Please bring a headshot and resume if available, and be prepared to cold-read from the script. Auditioners under 18 will need an audition form signed by a parent or guardian.
The production will have six performances; two a day (11am and 3pm) on Dec 7, 14, and 21. Rehearsals will take place in The Woodlands Mon thru Thur evenings starting the end of Oct/early Nov.
- Santa Claus – kind, jovial narrator
- Big Bad Wolf – Scrooge; mean, old, greedy and just plain humbuggy
- Philip Charming – our Bob Cratchit; all around good guy and former prince who lost his kingdom and now works for Scrooge.
- Bale – Charity rep; little pig who thought straw was darn good building material.
- Twig – another charity rep; little pig who build his house out of sticks.
- Brick – another charity rep; smartest of the three little pigs.
- Jack – Scrooge’s nephew former beanstalk owner & giant slayer who’s fallen on hard times, but loves his uncle.
- Cinderella Charming – Mrs. Cratchit; spunky become who loves her husband and children.
- Gretel Charming – a Cratchit child; her brother’s keeper.
- Hansel Charming – a Cratchit child; has serious directional issue.
- Tabitha Charming – reminds us of Tiny Tim; poor little match girl with sunny optimism
- Jacob Midas – Marley’s ghost; loves his bling; had the golden touch as Scrooge’s business partner.
- Meriwether – the Ghost of Christmas Past; she’s Cinderella’s bibbity-boppity fairy godmother.
- Little Bo Peep – Scrooge’s schoolmate in the past
- Humpty Dumpty – another past schoolmate
- Little Wolf – young Scrooge; think of him as a ten year old cub
- Fan – Scrooge’s sister; kind duckling who’s sensitive about her looks
- Fezziwig – young Scrooge’s boss; happy kind, charitable shoemaker.
- Elf – employee of Fezziwig’s; works nights a lot.
- Medium Wolf – young adult Scrooge, twenty or so; a dashing young cub before he morphed into the mangy old dog
- Goldilocks – Medium Wolf’s true love and a girl who likes things just right
- Old King Cole – the Ghost of Christmas Present; a merry old soul and a merry old soul is he
- Snow White – party guest; friend of Jack
- Rumpelstiltskin – another
- Miss Muffet – another
- Peter Piper – another
- Mary – Jack’s wife; the contrary one who loves Scrooge… not!
- Queen of Hearts – the Ghost of Christmas Future; shrill and mean; don’t cross her or it’s off with your head
- Black Sheep – passerby on Christmas morning; recently shorn and freezing in the cold
- Extras as Londoners, students, elves, Cat, Little Boy Blue, other partiers.
*Some actors may be cast as multiple characters
9/14/19 – AUDITION NOTICE
Points North will be holding auditions for A FAIRY TALE CHRISTMAS CAROL soon! Please sign up for our mailing list or visit this page again soon for updated information as it comes in.